QR code unrecognized

I recently purchased 3 Vacos Cams (not IR) with a 4th one on the way. I initially downloaded what I now realize was the older version of the app (The version was 4+years old, I think version 1.1.7.) Using this app I was able to get three cameras working. I mounted them and have been running them the past few days.

However, yesterday I was looking through the apple app store and noticed there is a new version of the app, VecosSmart, version 2.4.3. I downloaded this app, deleted the other one, and have been working to install the cameras.

Unfortunately after multiple attempts on multiple devices, I cannot get the cameras to recognize the QR codes. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app, reset the router, tried adjusting screen brightness, tried scanning at lots of different distances, and on and on. I am not having any luck after hours of attempts. I have confirmed that my network is 2.4GHz.

I don’t want to have to go back to the older version of the app. It is glitchy, un user friendly, and full of unclear language. But the software for the new one is not working. Please help.

Hi @Coopmax , welcome to the community :slight_smile:

The App VACOS is for the Vacos Cam with color night vision; The App VACOS SMART is for the Vacos Cam IR (with black&white night vision).
In case you consider trying the Vacos Cam IR with the VACOS SMART app, kindly contact the VACOS team by email at support@vacos.com.