I’ve done everything possible to get the QR code to scan by the camera and the camera just will not read the code at all no mater what I do
Hello @Kristen_Larson, these are some methods that might help the camera to recognize the QR code:
- Please use the correct phone app for your Vacos camera. (The app ‘Vacos’ is for Vacos Full Color camera; The app ‘Vacos Smart’ is for Vacos IR camera.)
- Please make sure your WiFi network is a 2.4GHz WiFi network. The Vacos camera can only work with that, not 5GHz.
- Put the camera and the phone on a flat surface and in the position as below picture when scanning QR code.
This still has not worked. I used the correct app for Vacos Smart thatbwas listed in the instruction manual. My internet does have 2.4 ghz as one of its frequencies. When I put the camera lens to face my phone to scan the QR code it just doesn’t scan. I have tried many various positions to try to get it to scan and it doesn’t actually scan the code.
Hi @Kristen_Larson ,
In this case, could you also try the below methods that might help?
- Please make sure the mobile phone’s QR code is 15 to 20 cm from the camera lens when you scan the code.
- If possible, please try with another 2.4GHz WiFi network. We can consider the WiFi hotspot provided by a smartphone.
If the above methods still won’t work, please contact Vacos support team at this email [firstname.lastname@example.org] and provide the results and we will help further with a solution.