Schedule Motion and Human Detection

Hi, I just received my Vacos Cams and very easy to setup. I am setting up my cameras in the office and I would like to schedule these cameras to use motion and human detection only during set hours. I can find the option, I seem to be getting push notifications all the time which is really annoying, how can we limit this?

2 Likes

Welcome Marzi, this is Tim from Vacos team :slight_smile:
To set a recording schedule for the camera, here is the setting route: live feed screen–Settings–Emmc Storage–Recording Schedule.
To decrease the amount of push notification, we can set a lower sensitivity of PIR for the camera. The setting route is: live feed screen–Settings–PIR.
Let me know if any further questions :wink:

1 Like

Hi Tim, thank you for your reply. Yes I found the recording schedule and that has helped. The real issue is in a high traffic area, the push notifications and siren on the camera are too much. I would only want to use the siren and push notification on the camera between the hours I set and not on always. Is there any roadmap for this feature?

1 Like

I was testing the camera in a closed and sealed room overnight with no vision to outside and I received many false alarms. There definitely was no motion or humans in the room. When I try to click on the preview it gives me the error “No Video Data”. Please see screenshots below:

1 Like

Hi Marzi, after we set the recording schedule for the specific hours, I think you are talking about too many/frequent notification and siren during those hours? If so, does setting a lower sensitivity of PIR help? A possible plan was to ajust the detection distance of the camera in the new firmware. If you have any suggestions?

1 Like

The camera can also be triggered (and begin recording) by a object with heat or when someone access the camera via phone app.
May I know what’s in the camera’s vision and how often have you accessed the camera via phone app during the testing?

1 Like

Firstly I was under the impression that I would get a push notification when a human is detected hence the AI + PIR Detection, at the moment I am getting notifications with simple motion detection for example by a piece of paper moving in the frame. Currently I have it setup in the hallway at my office with no exterior influences except for people walking by, I was hoping to schedule push notifications between hours the office is not occupied. Like NVR’s you should definitely have a schedule for recording and a schedule for push notifications with full flexibility and allow them to overlap if need be.

Secondly, the siren sounds all the time with motion, surely this should also be on its own schedule. Everytime someone walks past the siren goes off even during opening hours.

Third, it mentions a spotlight? I have not witnessed or seen any spotlight in the settings to activate this.

Lastly, cloud is not working at all. After many attempts to restart and reprogram I get the same error

I know these are different errors to the topic heading, if you want me to start a new topic in the forum for each issue I can. Hope the feedback helps to improve the system.

1 Like

I don’t see this setting in the app - there’s nothing to click on for Emmc setting

1 Like

I’m also getting too many notifications - I’ve got mine in the garden, and would like to stop / suspend notifications while I’m in it too. There doesn’t seem to be any way to switch them off within the app at all, even manually

1 Like

I am also having the same trouble.
I have a low battery indicator after only 3 days of use as the camera detects all motion.
WE REALLY NEED A ‘DISARM’ FUNCTION FOR HOURS OF OPERATION.
I also agree with Marzi - the selling point of the camera was the AI capability to minimise false triggering. The AI seems to not work at all and any motion triggers the camera even when the PIR is set to minimum.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions :slight_smile:
Regarding the notification triggered by paper in the frame, is it possible that we have any picture or video for better reference?
Regarding more customization options for push notification and siren, I have report this to our engineer team for assessment.
For the spotlight, it will only turn on at night time when the camera is triggered.
As for the playback cloud video, we have received the same feedback from different customers and are working on a new firmware to resolve it.

1 Like

Hi Tim,

I have reordered my screen and uploaded a video for you to see. I had a ball of paper that I threw in front of the camera. As you will see there are a lot of issue not only the AI smarts but event he video playback

1 Like

Hello,

I have tested the new firmware and can confirm motion works better. Although I am still having issues with the cloud services. For me it is not activating.

More importantly is there a feature for scheduling push notifications for motion? My camera is picking up on so many during the day when I only need them for night. Is there a function coming out for this?

1 Like

Hi,
The issue of cloud service is still under repair, kindly wait for our update.
Yes, we are now working on an option to turn off/on the PIR and an option to schedule the working period for PIR. These will directly affect the push notification.

1 Like

Hi Tim,

Is there any update on this?

1 Like

Hi @marzi,
The PIR switch (on/off) is already available in the latest Vacos App, please try it and let me know how you think about it :wink:

1 Like